AT ST. SEBASTIAN CATHOLIC ACADEMY WE BELIEVE THAT PRE-K IS A CRITICAL FOUNDATION FOR YOUNG LEARNERS. CHILDREN AT THIS AGE LEARN THROUGH PLAY, EXPERIENCE, AND RELATIONSHIPS WITH TEACHERS AND PEERS. WE PROVIDE ALL OF OUR CHILDREN WITH A STABLE, SAFE, HEALTHY, AND COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT THAT IS CRUCIAL TO A CHILD’S LEARNING.
Our curriculum is based on the NYC Department of Education’s Common Core Standards. Our play based approach provides a child-centered curriculum that is directed by our certified teachers. We promote cultural values and support positive and respectful interactions in our classrooms. Listed below are a few of the advantages of our Pre-K for All program:
- Early Bird Drop Off
- Extended Day Program (Dismissal – 6:00 PM) Extended Day is a pre-paid program.
- Indoor and outdoor play space
- Cold breakfast and Hot lunch provided at no cost to parents
- Full time Deportment of Health nurse on staff
- Classes are capped at 20 children each with a lead teacher, assistant teacher, and aide in the classroom.
(4 YEAR OLDS BORN IN 2016)
The online application with the New York City Department of Education begins in February and ends in March. The New York City Department of Education will mail acceptance letters to families in early May. Once you receive a letter stating that you are accepted to St. Sebastian Catholic Academy, you can come in and pre-register with the Pre-K for All personnel. For more information callx134, Mrs. Greiner and Mrs. Flynn. WE ARE NOT INVOLVED IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS AND CANNOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE TO ANY FAMILY.
- Website URL for the application is http://schools.nyc.gov
- You will have 12 choices, please designate St. Sebastian Catholic Academy, site code 30QAGP as your first choice.
- On the left side of the homepage click “Choice and Enrollment” (on this page you can view admissions calendar, perform a school search, and sign up for email updates)
- CLICK “PRE-KINDERGARTEN” – You will then need to set up an on-line account with the Department of Education and begin your application process once you have received the link from NYC to complete your application.