Welcome Parents and Students!
REGISTRANTS FOR SEPTEMBER 2017
St. Sebastian Catholic Academy, building strong values, serves the Parishes of Blessed Virgin Mary, Help of Christians, Queen of Angels, St. Teresa and St. Sebastian.
Thank you for your interest in St. Sebastian Catholic Academy. We welcome you and are pleased that you are considering joining us for the upcoming Academic year. Please visit our website to get acquainted with our school and staff. Tuition and fees for 2017-18 are listed on the tuition and fees link.
We are happy to announce that the Registration process for Admission and Enrollment of new students is now available online through TADS. To begin the process click on the TADS icon below:
Please complete the process by providing all the necessary information required as well as the various documents to be uploaded to the site. Registration fee payment is due at the time of the online enrollment. A student is accepted in June after all requirements are met. Final acceptance will be done no later than June 30, 2017, when the Final report card is received.
- The following documents must be submitted when registering online. Your child need not be present at this time.
- Birth Certificate/Passport
- Baptismal & Sacramental Records (Student baptized only)
- Immunization History Information
- For Grades 1 – 7 – All Academic Records including Spring 2017 report card, standardized tests and FINAL report card (a copy of June 2017 Report card is required by June 30 to finalize acceptance) Acceptance is conditional until all information is supplied. Please provide the latest report card by June 30. Please note that interviews will be conducted in late May after 3:00 PM by appointment. Please bring along a sample writing lesson from class.
- Registration fee of $150 per child or $200 per family – fee is non-refundable. Payment must be submitted at time of online registration.
- Failure to provide full educational, medical records constitute grounds for dismissal at the discretion of St. Sebastian Catholic Academy.
- All new students are required by the Board of Health to have a complete physical examination before entering school. A copy of the results of this examination must be filed with the school before a student will be permitted to attend classes as mandated by the NO SHOTS – NO SCHOOL POLICY. Get form here.
Grades Nursery to 1 – Additional Information:
- In May/June, students registered for Grades Nursery to 1 will be invited to come to the school with parents for an interview with staff members. A brief assessment for Math and Reading skills will be given to students entering Kindergarten and Grade 1. Parents will be notified by mail of final acceptance procedures. Upon acceptance, registration with our Tuition Management Program must be completed and first tuition payment must be made in June to ensure your child’s seat for September.
Grades 2 to 8 – Additional Information:
- In late May, students and parents registered for Grades 2-8, will be invited to meet with the Principal. At this time, your child will be given a brief assessment of Math and Reading skills by staff members if necessary. Parents will be notified by mail of final acceptance procedures. Upon acceptance, registration with our Tuition Management Program must be completed and first tuition payment must be made in June to ensure your child’s seat for September.
Our school uniform company is Flynn & O’Hara School Uniforms, Inc.
- Location: The Atlas Park Mall, Lower Level in Glendale, NY.
- Customer Service: 1.800.441.4122
- Website: www.flynnohara.com
If at any time, you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. O’Melia at 718.429.1982 x 133.
Tuition Assistance and Tuition:
You may be eligible for tuition assistance for the upcoming school year. Applications are now available online at www.futuresineducation and click on SCHOLARSHIPS and then APPLY to begin your process. There is a $30 non-refundable application fee. New applicants have until April 21, 2017 to apply for assistance. Please contact Mrs. O’Melia at 718.429.5502 x 133 for more details.
St. Sebastian also has partnered with TADS for tuition and fees. Agreements must be completed by June, payment plan and mode of payment must be set up and the first installment of tuition must be paid through TADS. Notices of payment due will be sent to you via email or mail, whichever you choose.
FREE – PRE-K FOR ALL (4 YEAR OLDS BORN IN 2013) – REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The online application with the New York City Department of Education begins in January and ends in March If you are not a current Nursery school student at St. Sebastian Catholic Academy, you must complete an online application no later than February 24, 2017. The New York City Department of Education will mail acceptance letters to families in early May 2017. Once you receive a letter stating that you are accepted to St. Sebastian Catholic Academy, you can come in and pre-register with the Pre-K for All personnel. For more information call 718/429-1982 x134, Mrs. Greiner and Mrs. Flynn. WE ARE NOT INVOLVED IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS AND CANNOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE TO ANY FAMILY.
- Website URL for the application is http://schools.nyc.gov
- You will have 12 choices, please designate St. Sebastian Catholic Academy, site code 30QAGP as your first choice.
- On the left side of the homepage click “Choice and Enrollment” (on this page you can view admissions calendar, perform a school search, and sign up for email updates)
- CLICK “PRE-KINDERGARTEN“ - You will then need to set up an on-line account with the Department of Education and begin your application process once you have received the link from NYC to complete your application.